Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sine wave of life

My life seems to go down the slope since Saturday. Everything seems to go bad, including interview that I was waiting so eagerly for. No, it is not that it went so bad, that I want to hide under bed and cry, but mostly because of a disappointment.

I really wanted to get this job and since they called they want to meet me. Big, worldwide know company, tempting with prospects of stable job. I never saw place so depressing in my life. Office was dark with weird smell hanging around. People looked like taken from Dilbert, with no hope in they eyes. I don't know what to think about it. People who I spoke to were nice, but.... I don't see myself working there. 

Working environment are mostly people, but if you come into office and you feel surrounded by atmosphere of resignation, your spider instincts should tell you to run as fast and far as you can. I am waiting for a phone from them and preparing to say no in polite way. To be honest I so want them not to call, chose somebody else, because I really feel bad about saying no.

The only ray of light in my pit of doom and gloom is my amazing boyfriend and that he always know what to do to cheer me up. I think he is the only reason I am still believing that the light on the end of the tunnel is not a train but maybe an exit. 

In time like this I try to remember about sine wave. If it is going down so much there must be time when it will go up again. Maybe in the corner there will be the job I will love? Maybe tomorrow I will get a surprise I didn't expect or just a small good news, that will make me smile. 

I hope so, I so much hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment